We’ve all heard that we should apply ice to an injury to reduce swelling, inflammation and the resulting pain – the earlier the better. The next time you or a family member injure a knee, strain a muscle, or twist an ankle, make certain that you ice the area correctly; skipping icing or icing inappropriately can sometimes make an injury worse rather than better.
100% made in the U.S.A. by Arctic Ease in Pheonixville, Pennsylvania.
Cryotherapy (cold therapy) works in three major ways:
- It reduces inflammation by causing a slowed metabolic state. This reduces the amount of cellular damage to injured tissue and decreases edema (swelling).
- It decreases hematoma formation. Hematoma is bleeding under the skin, which is what results in bruising. Constricting blood vessels through the use of cold decreases blood flow and therefore reduces bruising.
- It induces numbness. Cryotherapy reduces the firing of inflamed nerves and reduces swelling which decreases painful muscle spasms.
The benefits of using frozen gel or ice packs end when the temperature of the tissue being treated drops below 59°F (15°C). If your skin gets colder than that, it can cause lymph tubes to flow backwards toward the injured area, actually increasing the swelling and pain. It also increases the risk of frostbite and peripheral nerve palsy.
Numerous clinical studies have shown this, including a study from the medical journal Orthopedics.
Now you can bag the ice and ease the pain with a remarkably effective and convenient product: Arctic Ease.
Arctic Ease is easy to use. Simply open the resealable package and apply. Arctic Ease will stay comfortably cool for hours, with no fear of damage to muscles or tissues. It’s completely reusable – just add 2 tablespoons of water, seal it up and it will recharge (rehydrate) and be ready to go when you need it.
Professional athletes, avid runners, and people living an active lifestyle are discovering this product in droves. For marathoners to busy Moms, this product tucks in a bag or purse, can be carried in a gym bag or even kept in the car and is ready to go whenever you need it.
This FDA-regulated, eco-friendly product has impressed the likes of Gulf War veteran General William Pagonis, who endorses and uses Arctic Ease.
 Lee, Pardun, Buntic, Kiehn, Brooks, Buncke, ORTHOPEDICS, “Severe Frostbite of the Knees After Cryotherapy”, January 2007;30(1):63.b Cheng, Thompson, Yakobi, Dermatology, “FROSTBITE”, Updated: May 13, 2009
Bag the ice, ease the pain…with Arctic Ease.
- No refrigeration needed
- Stays cold, lasts for hours
- Cut to fit
- Cools without the discomfort of ice therapy
- Conforms to injury, stays in place
- Convenient to use right out of the resealable pouch
- 4″ x 60″ (5ft)