The heritage art of Wendell August Forge is preserved by the company’s artisans and craftsmen, who use the original eight-step process to produce every heirloom piece in aluminum, bronze, pewter, sterling silver, and other metals.
This process includes Die Engraving by a master engraver, Material Selection and Cutting, Repousse (Hammering), Surface Anvilling, Edging, Carbon Coloring, a three step polishing process, and Forming. Company artisans create new motifs and designs, while some motifs – like the ever-popular Dogwood – have endured for decades.
- Hand made with pride in the USA
- Each Wendell august piece is individually hand crafted
- A perfect addition for an heirloom collection
- For polishing, use a small drop of furniture polish or wax on a soft cotton cloth and polish in a circular motion to the desired luster
- If scratched, use 0000 steel wool and polish with the grain of the metal